Friday, April 1, 2011

Awesome Artwork

Not many too people know this, but my mom is a HUGE art fan. I'm serious, there's not a room in our house that doesn't have a painting, wood carving, or sculpture in it. However, when you live in a town as small as Orangeburg, words travel fast. It wasn't long until someone at the Times and Democrat got wind of Mom's collection and wanted to do a story on it: 

http://www.thetandd.com/news/local/article_3a02411c-d325-11df-88ba-001cc4c002e0.html




Here are some pictures from the article.

And speaking of a thing of beauty, Miss Coppel was kind enough to award me the Magical Blogger Award.
Isn't that a pretty picture?
Happy Weekend everyone! :)

10 comments:

  1. That's too cool her collection was in an article! And, congrats on the pretty award.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the award! I love the mask in the second picture. Happy A-Z!

    Stopping by from the Challenge

    Dafeenah

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both for the comments! I'm glad you like the mask! Happy A-Z to the both of you as well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm here for the A to Z Challenge. Congratulations on your award!

    Wow, your mom sounds amazing. I love the photos of the art on your blog and the story in the news was really great. How cool to have a mom that loves art so much.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think growing up around so much art would grow a very creative imagination!


    Wagging Tales - Blog for Writers

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much! Yes, she is cool! Most of the paintings in my room are of ocean scenes, because I love sea creatures (and I love to write about them as well), so she's trying to inspire me. That's what I love about my mom, she's very supportive of me and everything I do. :) Thanks for the comments.

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow! such gorgeous art!

    Greetings from a fellow A to Z blogger :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well you are one lucky girl to have a mom like that!! I try to be that way to my daughter too.

    ReplyDelete